Copywriter, Editor and Journalist
Words are amazing tools. I’ve written professionally for many years but I’m still amazed at how effective they are in conveying our passions and persuading other people to come on board.
My clients tell me that I bring ‘a bit of magic’ to the materials I write or edit for them, breathing life into something potentially dull or confusing.
See the following pages for details of:my experience in:
- Create lively, easy-to-read text which draws readers into the page
- Summarise complex, rambling manuscripts to give them shape and impact
- Respond to the needs of different formats eg, writing for websites and adapting materials for easy communication through new media eg. Twitter, Facebook etc
- Identify themes and concepts which will give structure to website, books, reports and articles
- ‘Plain English’ materials to make them accessible to wider audiences
- Write for a very wide range of audiences, adapting the material to their levels of understanding and need
- Work alongside young people or other client groups to turn their ideas into effective written formats
- Work with and commission designers, photographers, printers and other writers – briefing them so they clearly understand the concept and aims of the project and feel involved and motivated
Contact me to talk about your communication needs. I’m very happy to take on small one-off assignments as well as larger projects. My rates are reasonable and responsive to the needs of different sectors.
What people are saying about my writing
Simon Wilson, Director, Wilson Sherriff
Shaila Shah, Director of Publications, British Association for Adoption and Fostering
Carol Sherriff, CEO, Wilson Sherriff
Emma Whittaker, The Dumping Ground (2) at BBC
Susanna Cheal OBE, Independent Consultant